Essential First Aid - Live online delivery
Saturday 27th February 9.00am to 5.00pm. Thirtover Place.
C&A Training Essential First Aid (virtual training)
This course is being delivered as a virtual online course via zoom. You will require access to a laptop or tablet and will need to be connected to the internet.
Cost is £20 to members of Royal Berkshire Girlguiding.
Start time 9.00am
If you book a place on this course and do not attend you may be charged for the course.
The C&A Training, Essential First Aid course including Adult, Child and Infant resuscitation for those who do not require the HSE First Aid at Work course. This course is great for individual, families, voluntary organisatons or anyone who needs comprehensive first aid training. The course covers a wide range of first aid senarios and is an ideal source of reference for many conditions.
This course includes the latest CPR and Coronavirus recommendations.
The contents of this course meet the latest UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 requirements.
Following completion of this training each participant will receive Certificate of completion.
Basic life support:
- managing and reporting an incident
- first aid equipment
- the role of a first aider
- arrival at an incident
- primary survey using DR ABC
- recovery position
- basic life support including CPR (for both children and adults)
- using an AED
- Chain of survival
Signs, symptoms and initial treatment for:
- serious bleeding
- minor injuries
- imbalance of heat include heat exhaustion, heat stroke and hypothermia
- heart attack/angina pectoris
- stroke – include how to use FAST
- head Injury
- seizures including epilepsy
- diabetic emergenciesbroken bones i.e. fractures
- strains and sprains
- burns – dry heat, radiation, sunburn, hot liquids, steam (scalds) and chemical burns
- minor cuts and grazes, bumps and bruises and splinters
- stings/ticks/animal and snake bites
- head injuries
- eye injuries
- foreign bodies in the ears and nose
- illness assessment (signs & symptons)
- tooth loss
Event is full.
This event is now full and not taking any more bookings. Please keep an eye on our events page for our next event.
We look forward to seeing you there.